- Do ALL the laundry
- Do ALL the dishes
- Eat meltable freezer stuff, such as... (I think I feel sick now.)
- Pick up and sort all new quilting fabric into stacks--novelty--cowboy--Americana
- Bag quilting fabric in ziplock water-tight bags
- Secure quilts and recently completed quilt tops in the "important box" to be grabbed in an emergency
- Place the nativity set I painted in "important box"
- Find dog's vaccination records and place in "important box"
- Secure all fine editions of Lord of the Rings, first edition Silmarillion and (thanks to email alert from entling #2) green bound edition of The Hobbit. Also, Book of Common Prayer with needlepointed cover, family bible, passports, papers of importance.
- Print-out list of contact information of family and friends
- Tell the lads (hobbits,) Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, and Gollum (cardboard standups of LOTR characters) they are on their own if wind and water come. Suggest to Gandalf that the use of his staff to turn back Rita would be helpful.
- Secure flag of Rohan in "important box."
- Pick up every little rock pebble, flower pot, wind chime and bricks from back yard so it will not become a missile in the wind.
- Fill bathtub with water and check water level to make sure it is not slowly draining out
- Check status of ice and cold packs to keep insulin cool and make sure insulin pump supplies are in "important box."
- Stack books to read in the dark and place LightWedge nearby.
Additions: Tapestry map of Middle Earth (thanks to alert from entling #3)
I do appreciate the kind comments from you all. It is great to think of the connections with this community that loves and reads childrens books.