Rondina's book would be a nice fit for those children. The book is divided into five sections, Healthy Habits, Weird Science, Food Falllacies, Animal Tales and Parentisms. A premise or truism is presented and explained and then affirmed or debunked on the verso.
- "Don't swallow bubble gum because it takes your body seven years to digest"
- "Cracking your knuckles can cause arthritis"
- "Humans only use 10 percent of their brains"
- "Wait an hour after eating before you go swimming or you'll get a cramp and drown"
- A dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's
Kevin Sylvester's drawings are comical and fun. The book is well sized and at 96 pages, just about the right length for "just the facts" kids.