My gig at the local junior high was a happy time.
- At least half the books in my "Read these, I promise they are good!" display got checked out.
- I "sold" a set of Joe Craig's Jimmy Coates (anybody here like The Bourne Identity?) and wondered WHY the third book in this series is not out in the US yet
- Talked some more parents off the Accelerated Reader
"ledge of despair"
- Introduced a reader to Joan Bauer
- Gave Cinda Williams Chima's Warrior Heir to a reader who can't wait for the next Percy Jackson
- Danced with happiness to see Gail Gauthier's Happy Kid in the box of new books that arrived
- Booktalked Caroline Cooney's Flash Fire as a current event tie-in to the fires in California
There has never been more to read about on the blogs as the Blogging for the Cure for Robert's Snow continues.
...and I have never had more to read as my inbox has exploded with interesting emails about the event and the new Kidlitosphere list_serv.
On the home front, Saturday is Homecoming with all the incumbent rituals and frenzies surrounding the dance. Keep Treebeard aka Mr. BookMoot (and the young man coming to fetch Entling no. 3) in your thoughts.
An angry Ent is terrifying. Their fingers, and their toes just freeze on to rock; and they tear it up like bread-crust.
-- "Flotsam and Jetsam", The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Hopefully we will be back to our regularly scheduled broadcasting next week.