Indefatigable Kelly tagged me with the 8 Things Meme.
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I lived in the Netherlands as a child. I never learned to speak Dutch but I know enough to eat very well. Pannekoeken and poffertjes, patat, bitterbal, (John Green just ate one on Brotherhood 2.0 and described it as "meat, flour and hope,") speculaas, oliebollen...Verkade, Droste...
2. My favorite reading series as a child were Nancy Drew and Noel Streatfield.
3. I love "needle arts," including quilting, sewing, knitting, insulin pumps.
4. I can find musical notes on a piano and play in a halting slow manner.
5. I do not like steep bridges or overpasses. There used to be a bridge into Louisiana from Texas that was so steep, I almost did not make it over one time.
6. I have been fascinated by miniature houses all my life, probably beginning with dollhouses as a kid. I end up collecting them. I just found a series of small cross-stitched houses to stitch and assemble. I bought one. I will probably have to go back and get the rest. They were on sale. Really, they are a bargain...
7. I am a Anglophile. I have been fortunate to visit England in my youth. I have never been to Scotland or Ireland or Wales but they are on the list.
8. I lived in Strasbourg, France for a year during a long, long, loooong, PTT grève.