Chicken Spaghetti tagged me with a meme.
1. What are three of the stupidest things you’ve done in your life?
Hmmm... only 3?
I have kids and they know I'm perfect. I won't admit to anything in the blogosphere.
2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?
My husband and children and parents.
3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?
a. J.R.R. Tolkein - the Professor - I just want to smell the pipe smoke
b. Ronald Reagan - everyone agrees he was a great storyteller. I love listening to stories.
c. Mark Twain - between the cigar and the Professor's pipe, it would be a very smokey evening
d. George Washington - Listening to David McCullough 's 1776 reminds me how lucky this country was that he was there at the beginning. Timing is everything.
e. Gene Kelly - Enjoyed reading his biography a few years ago. What a creative mind!
4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?
A cure for Type 1 Diabetes...times 3--can't think of anything better than that.
5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.
a. I wish we had fully functioning transit system. Sadly, the folks in charge here-abouts are not capable of running or designing one. They have shut down routes that actually took folks to places they want to go in order to sustain the most dangerous choo-choo train in the USA. Still, it is nice to dream. Otherwise, this is a dandy part of the world to live in. I've got bookstores, museums, coffee and bagel shops, quilt stores and TX Children's Hospital.
b. I guess I would enjoy some mountains or ANY elevation at all.
c. Avoid summer and I-10, neither for the faint of heart.
6. Name one event that has changed your life.
Standing in line for food at a band banquet, a friend said, "I hear there is going to be an opening for a school librarian at our elementary school," and I thought..."I could do that!"
7. Tag five other people.
I think everyone I read has done this. Feel free to volunteer.